This recipe is from this website http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Marinated-Flank-Steak-4 It is also located in the June/July 2007 issue of Taste of Home. I have altered this recipe from the original.
- 1 package of eye of round steak thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Using a sharp knife score the surface of the steak. Make diamond shapes about 1/2 in. deep.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining ingredients. Finally add the steak.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat evenly.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard the marinade.
- In a frying pan over medium heat cook the steak until no longer pink (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).