1 box of carrot cake mix
- Follow cake mix directions on the box.
- Pour batter into cupcake tins and bake according to directions.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup of shortening
- 6 oz softened cream cheese - softened
- 2 lbs of confectioners' sugar
- Dash of salt
- 2 tsp clear vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 cup of water
- Blend 1/2 cup of shortening, cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla, and water.
- Mix for three minutes on medium speed. Add the remaining shortening and beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes.
- With the remaining frosting you can add in green or and orange food coloring to make the carrots on top of each cupcake. Use a piping bag and tips to create the carrot and leaves.