This recipe can be found on the back of any quick cooking oats.
- 1 cup of shortening/Crisco
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons o vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 4 cups of quick oats
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Per-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the shortening and sugars. Add the sugar gradually.
- Then add the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Next add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Beat well.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to finish cooling.