Article: Orange Chicken
Categories: Main Entree
Description: Not your average orange chicken
this recipe comes from this website.
- 1 package of skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- the juice of two lemons
- the juice of two oranges
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons of asian rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- coating for chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 6 tablespoons of butter
i have slightly altered this recipe.directions
- soak the chicken in a solution of water and baking soda. use two tablespoons of baking soda and enough cold water to cover the chicken. soak the chicken in this for ten minutes. drain and rinse well with cold water. set aside of place in the fridge.
- combine the sauce ingredients in a food processor and puree.
- place in a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- coat the chicken. sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. add half of the chicken and cook until both sides are golden. about three minutes.
- remove chicken and repeat with the other half.
- place the chicken in the baking dish and cover with the sauce.
- cover the baking dish and place in the fridge to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- bake for 20 minutes.