My mom has made this since I was a kid. She found the recipe for it on the Oreo pie crust. It was always a holiday favorite at our house growing up. As a grown up I love how simple this is to make. It only has 5 ingredients and you don't have many dishes to wash when it is finished.
- 1 Oreo crust - I buy this pre-made at the grocery store
- 1 1/2 cups of cold half and half
- 1 package (small) of vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (8oz) of cool whip (not frozen)
- 1 cup of Oreo cookies crushed (plus more if you want to decorate it)
- Place a large bowl in the freezer or fridge to chill.
- Pour the half and half into the cold bowl. Add the pudding and whisk until well blended. About one minute.
- Let the pudding mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Next fold in the crushed Oreo cookies and the cool whip.
- Spoon the mixture into the crust and freeze for 6 hours.