This recipe can be found here. We love this meal! I have even made this with two fresh tomatoes instead of the can of diced tomatoes.
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 2 sausages (nitrate free)
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
- 4 oz of baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the squash in ½ and scrape out the seeds.
- Season the squash with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake the squash for 1 hour or until tender.
- Let the squash cool for 10 min
- While the squash is cooling, cook the sausage over medium heat in a skillet.
- Shred the inside of the squash with a fork.
- Dice the tomato in small chunks
- Toss the spaghetti squash into the skillet, add the tomato, the garlic and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Next add the spinach until it wilts.