I found this recipe here. It was also located on page 22 of the March/April 2007 issue of Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious. This recipe was very easy to make. I thought that it lacked chocolate flavor. My husband on the other hand really enjoyed it. In fact he thought it was store bought. So I guess that says something.
- 1 package (6 ounces) of peanut butter cups (I used the small ones)
- 1 cup of cold 2% milk
- 1 package of (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton of (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- I cut about half of the peanut butter cups in half to use as decorations on top of the pie.
- Next chop up the remaining cups and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding. Mix it for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Then fold in the whipped topping.
- Next fold in the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Then spoon the mixture into the crust.
- Finally arrange the cut peanut butter cups on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.