My Dad requested a pecan pie for dessert at Christmas. I have never even had a slice of pecan pie before, let alone baked one.. I must say it wasn't hard to make and it tasted pretty good. I found the recipe here.
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 heaping tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 unbaked crust (I used a store bought pie dough)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the pie crust into an ungreased, regular 9 inch pie plate and flute the edges.
Next whisk the eggs together, then whisk in the sugar.
- Stir in the corn syrup and the softened butter; mix well.
- Then add the flour and the vanilla; combine well and fold in the pecans.
Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for about 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. About halfway through baking cover the edges of the pie with a pie shield or aluminum foil.