- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of crushed peppermint candy
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- Parchment paper
1 cup of confectioners' sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons of milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of crushed peppermint candy
- Mix butter, sugar, crushed candy, and vanilla thoroughly using a mixer. Gradually blend in flour and cornstarch.
- Form into one inch balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Gently press the dough down to flatten each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies begin to brown.
- Cool for five minutes. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla and mix until the frosting is smooth. Drizzle the cookies with the frosting and sprinkle with the crushed candy.