- 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cupof peppermint candy cane, crushed
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl and mix.
- Then mix the dry ingredients into the wet until they are just incorporated.
- Next mix in the chocolate and the peppermint candy cane.
- Then chill the dough in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before placing it onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet one table spoon at a time rolled up into balls (I used a cookie scoop).
- Bake the cookies in a 350F preheated oven until just lightly golden brown around the edges, about 8-10 minutes.