I have been obsessed with finding the perfect cookie recipe. This one was pretty good. It has a crisp outside edge and a soft inside. I found this recipe on this site.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of butter melted
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the sugars and butter until smooth.
- Next add the egg, egg yolk, and the vanilla.
- Now mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Then add in the chocolate chips. Only add in half of the chips. Reserve the rest for later.
- Next place the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a scoop to make even sized balls of cookie dough.
- Then dip the top of each ball into the chocolate chips.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.