- 1 cup of warm water (105 degres to 115 degrees)
- 2 packs of active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 - 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Allow the mixture to stand until the yeast is foamy. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in the butter, sugar, eggs, and salt. Beat in the flour, 1 cup at a time, until the dough is too stiff to mix. (Some flour may not be needed) Cover and place in the fridge for two hours or up to four days.
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan. Turn the dough out onto a floured board/counter. Divide the dough into 24 equal-size pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth round ball. Place the balls in even rows in the greased pan. Cover and let the dough rise until doubled in volume. About one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bake the rolls until they are golden brown 15-20 minutes. Brush warm rolls with melted butter, if desired. Break rolls apart to serve.