This recipe was in the Spring 2009 issue of taste of home Cooking for 2. The original version can be found here http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Pork-Chop-Supper-4.aspx
I have made some changes.
When I make this again I would double the amount of cinnamon and sugar.
- 1 package of boneless pork loin chops (I bought a package of 3)
- 2 teaspoons of canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, that has been peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 small tart apple, that has been peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 3/4 cup of water
- Brown the pork chops in a skillet that has been coated with the oil
- Put the sweet potato, water, and apple pieces into a crock pot.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the apple and sweet potato.
- Place the pork chops on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.