This recipe can be found here. It is also located on page 50 of the Taste of Home Healthy Cooking December 2011/January 2012 issue.
I am always in search of a good cheesy ziti recipe and this one was pretty good!
1 medium onion, chopped (I used a half of a very small onion)
1 tablespoon of olive oil3 garlic cloves, minced2 cans of (28 ounces each) Italian crushed tomatoes1-1/2 cups of water1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth (I used chicken broth)
1 tablespoon of sugar1 teaspoon dried basil1 package (16 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
8 slices of provolone cheese
- In a large pot, saute the onion in oil until tender
- Next add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Then stir in the tomatoes, water, wine, sugar and basil. Bring the sauce to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cooked ziti.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 4-6 minutes longer or until ziti is tender and cheese is melted.