Growing up in New England I always loved the fall. Living in Florida is always hard at this time of year because I miss going apple picking and seeing the leaves change color. Missing the fall has inspired me to bake and cook fall themed foods. This recipe is from my Mother's friend Peggy Pine.
The Bar Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 can of pumpkin 15 oz
- 3/4 cup of soft butter or margarine
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all of the ingredients.
- Place the mixture into a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 1 box of conf. sugar = 1 pound
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of milk - add slowly
- 3 oz of cream cheese softened
- Mix the sugar, vanilla, cream cheese, and some of the milk.
- You may not need all of the milk. Add it slowly until you have the consistency that you want.
- Spread the frosting on top of the bars.
- Serve and enjoy!