This recipe is from http://www.pfaltzgraff.com/connections/recipes/recipedetail.asp?recipe=76
Ingredients for the cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 1Tablespoon of sugar
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/3 cup of buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 2 bottles (1 oz. each) of red food coloring
Ingredients for the frosting
- 1 package (3 oz. ) of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- 2 cups of confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup of melted butter and the tablespoon of sugar.
- Press into a 9-inch spring-form pan. ( I greased the pan with shortening and also put parchment paper in it)
- (I baked the crust for ten minutes at 325 degrees before pouring in the mixture)
- Beat the 3 packages of cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups of sugar for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, cocoa, sour cream, buttermilk, vanilla, vinegar and food coloring.
- Mix on low speed jut until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 300°.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes until center is firm.
- Cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours.
For the frosting
- Beat the 3 oz of cream cheese and 1/4 cup of butter until smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread over the cheese cake.
- Remove the sides and bottom of the pan (I placed mine on a cardboard cake circle).