I found this recipe here. My oldest son loved these cookies.
- 1 bag of Hershey's Kisses
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of red food coloring
- 2 teaspooons of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter t room temperature
- 1/4 cup of red sanding sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Then beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugar in a mixer on medium speed for two minutes.
- Next turn the mixer on low and add in the egg, milk, vanilla, and red food coloring.Mix for 30 seconds to incorporate.
- Then put the mixer on medium and mix until light and fluffy.
- In a different bowl sift the cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Put the mixer on low and add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and beat until just combined.
- Next shape the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Put the red sanding sugar onto a small bowl or plate. Roll the dough balls in the sanding sugar and place on a prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Unwrap the Kisses while the cookies are baking.
- When the cookies are finished baking remove from the ovne and press a kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Finally let the cookies cool and then enjoy.