This recipe can be found here. It can also be found on page 28 of the August/September 2011 issue of Simple & Delicious magazine.
I LOVE sloppy joes. I even love the song about sloppy joes by Adam Sandler. This was actually pretty good. It does not taste like a traditional sloppy joe, but we had seconds...
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 jar of pizza sauce (14oz)
- 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (I didn't have any mozzarella, so I used provolone)
- Cook the beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the meat until it is no longer pink and drain.
- Stir in the pizza sauce and seasonings.
- Cook and stir the mixture until heated through.
- Serve on buns with cheese.