This chicken fell apart as I removed it from the crock pot. It was very good! The original recipe can be found here.
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley (I used a teaspoon of dried parsley)
- 4 fresh dill sprigs(I used a teaspoon of dried dill)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Place the onions in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Use your fingers to carefully loosen skin from the chicken breast.
- Then rub the butter under the skin.
- Place the chicken over the onions, breast side up.
- Next add the stock, parsley and dill.
- Then drizzle the lemon juice over the chicken and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours (a thermometer inserted in thigh should read at least 180°).
- Remove the chicken from crock pot and tent with foil. Let it stand for 15 minutes before carving.