This recipe can be found here. It is also located on page 34 of October/November 2011 issue of Healthy Cooking.
I love to cook using my crock pot so I had to try this recipe. I LOVED it!What is not to love -chicken, beans,rice, and cheese?! I will be making it again. I did leave out the ground chipotle pepper as I am not a fan of spicy foods.The diced tomatoes with the mild green chilies add just the right amount of kick for me. This is so easy to make my 3 1/2 year old helped to make it.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) of diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained2 medium green peppers, chopped1 medium onion, chopped1 garlic clove, minced1 teaspoon of smoked paprika3/4 teaspoon of salt1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin1/2 teaspoon of ground chipotle pepper6 cups of cooked brown rice1 can (15 ounces) of black beans, rinsed and drained1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese1/2 cup of reduced-fat sour cream
- Place the chicken in a crock pot.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green peppers, onion, garlic, paprika, salt, cumin and chipotle pepper. Pour it over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken with two forks and return to the slow cooker.(This was so easy to shred)
- Stir in the rice and beans. Heat through.
- Garnish with the cheese and sour cream.