This margarita was inspired by this recipe. This recipe takes a bit of work in terms of the strawberries, but it is such a fabulous drink that I don't mind the work involved.
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of orange liqueur (Triple Sec)
- 2/3 cup of superfine sugar (I put regular granulated sugar in the food processor)
- 1 1/4 cups strawberry puree (I made this by putting a pint of strawberries in the food processor. I then strained the mixture to remove the seeds)
- 1 1/2 ounces of tequila per drink
- Mix together the water, orange liqueur, the superfine sugar, and the strawberry puree. (I mix them in a large glass measuring cup. That way I can easily pour it.)
- Freeze the mixture in ice cube trays at least 6 hours.
- For each drink, puree 6-7 margarita ice cubes with 1 1/2 ounces of tequila in a blender.(I use my sno cone maker. I place the regular ice cubes in it and shave them into a glass.Then I throw in the margarita ice cubes and the tequila. I use a spoon to mix until it is slushy. This allows for easy clean up to just toss it all in the dishwasher)
- With the motor running, add 6-7 regular ice cubes, one at a time, until slushy.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!