This recipe can be found here. This was a simple meal to make. I wasn't sure how I was going to like it with pepper jack cheese, but it had the right amount of spice for me. This recipe could easily be changed to use turkey or chicken instead of the ham. You could even switch out different types of cheese.
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 3/4 cup of cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 cup of chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup of medium salsa
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- Cut the squash in half and discard the seeds.
- Place the squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Turn the squash cut side up.
- Stuff the acorn squash with the ham mixture.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.