Article: Stuffed Shells
Categories: Main Entree
Description: These stuffed shells will have you asking for seconds
this recipe is from the taste of home cooking for 2. it is located in the spring 2008 issue on page 35. i have slightly changed the original recipe.
- one box of shells. i could not find the large ones so i used the smaller ones. if using the jumbo shells you need 6
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon of minced chives
- 1 package (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar of meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- in a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, chives, and 1/2 cup of spinach.
- spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- spread some of the spaghetti sauce onto the baking dish so that it covers the bottom.
- drain the pasta.
- stuff the pasta with the cheese mixture.
- arrange the pasta in the prepared dish.
- top the shells with the remaining mozzarella cheese and spaghetti sauce.
- cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.