Article: Stuffed Shells
Categories: Main Entree
Description: These stuffed shells will have you asking for seconds
- cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- in a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, chives, and 1/2 cup of spinach.
- spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- spread some of the spaghetti sauce onto the baking dish so that it covers the bottom.
- drain the pasta.
- stuff the pasta with the cheese mixture.
- arrange the pasta in the prepared dish.
- top the shells with the remaining mozzarella cheese and spaghetti sauce.
- cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- one box of shells. i could not find the large ones so i used the smaller ones. if using the jumbo shells you need 6
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon of minced chives
- 1 package (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar of meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
this recipe is from the taste of home cooking for 2. it is located in the spring 2008 issue on page 35. i have slightly changed the original recipe.