This recipe can be found in November/December 2009 issue of Taste of Home Simple & Delicious on page 66. It can also be found here.
My husband and I really enjoyed this entree. The true test though is my toddler. He couldn't get enough of the chicken. You know a meal is great when your 20 month old will eat it willingly.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 turkey bacon strips - I used regular bacon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Flatten the chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Place the egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and then coat the chicken with the bread crumbs.
- Combine the cheese and the tomatoes.
- Place 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture down the center of each chicken breast.
- Top each chicken breast with bacon.
- Roll up from a short side and secure with toothpicks.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.