- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of warm milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package of active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of butter softened
- Place water and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute or until the liquids reach 110 degrees.
- Pour the liquids into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Add in the yeast and let set for 10-20 minutes. (The mixture will become foamy)
- Attach the bowl to the mixer and mix on low speed adding the salt, 1/3 cup of softened butter, and egg. Once it is well mixed add the flour 1/4 of a cup at a time. Remove the paddle attachment and attach the dough hook. Using the dough hook on a low speed knead the dough for 5-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and shape into desired shape. Cover with a clean towel and let rise in a warm place for one hour. Gently brush the tops of the rolls with the 1/4 cup of softened butter.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.