This recipe is located here. It can also be found on page 50 of Healthy Cooking magazine by Taste of Home.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into one inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Hot cooked rice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the chicken in a baking dish and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, the sugar, the vinegar and the soy sauce to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Next add peppers and return to a boil.
- Combine the cornstarch and the cold water until it is smooth.
- Gradually stir into the pepper mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken uncovered, at 350° for 10-13 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Serve with rice.