This recipe can be found here.
It can also be found on page 12 of the July/August 2008 issue of Taste of Home Simple and Delicious.
- 12 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup of diced tomato
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) of sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and chili powder until smooth.
- Stir in the salsa.(I didn't have any salsa on hand and put in a 1/2 cup of diced tomato)
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over a large serving platter.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings. Layer the cream cheese mixture with lettuce, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, tomato and olives.