The original recipe is located here http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Taco-Meatball-Ring
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) of refrigerated crescent rolls
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the cheese, water, and taco seasoning in a large bowl.
- Crumble the beef over the mixture. Mix together.
- Shape into 16 meatballs.
- Put the meatballs on a greased rack that is in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake the meatballs uncovered for 12 minutes.
- Drain the meatballs on paper towels.
- Reduce the heat 375.
- Place the crescent rolls on a greased 15 inch pizza pan. I used a regular baking sheet.
- Use the crescent rolls form a ring. Place the pointed edges facing the outer edge of the pan. The wide ends should overlap.
- Put a meatball on each crescent roll. Fold the point over the meatball and tuck it under the wide end of the roll. You will be able to see parts of the meatball.
- Repeat until all the meatballs have been placed into a crescent roll.
- Bake for 14-20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
You can transfer the ring to a serving platter and fill the center with taco toppings such as salsa, cheese, lettuce, etc. I didn't have the time with a little one at my feet and served it as is. If you go back to the original source they have a picture of the ring looking pretty.