Article: To Die For White Chocolate Cheesecake
Categories: Cheesecake | Cakes | Sweet Treats
Description: A flavor combination sure to please the taste buds!
Text: 12 squares white chocolate, melted and cooled
4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
6 tablespoons of melted butter
3/4 cup heavy whipping creamingredients for the fillingin a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer. add a small amount of the cream at a time into the white chocolate. whisk until smooth. cool slightly and then pour on top of the cheesecake. cover and chill overnight. remove sides of pan. directions
1 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
ingredients for the crust
4 eggs lightly beaten
- in a double boiler melt 12 squares of white chocolate.
1/4 cup of whipping cream
- in a bowl, combine cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter. press into the bottom of a greased 10 inch springform pan. place on a baking sheet. bake at 325 degrees for ten minutes. cool on a wire rack.
6 tablespoons of granulated sugar
this recipe is from http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/two-tone-cheesecake but has been altered to be white chocolate.
ingredients for the topping
6 squares one oz each of white chocolate melted
1 1/2 cups of crushed nilla wafers
- in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. gradually beat in cream. add eggs; beat on low speed until combined.
- gently stir in the melted white chocolate. pour over the crust. return the cheesecake to the baking sheet. bake the cheesecake on a baking sheet at 325 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set.
- cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. carefully run a knife round edge of pan to loosen. cool one hour longer.
- over a double boiler melt the remaining 6 squares of white chocolate.
Relevant Website: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Two-Tone-Cheesecake