I found this recipe here http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Tropical-Chicken-2. I thought it was pretty good but felt that the cloves were a little overpowering. I would make this again but without the cloves.
- 2 cans (8 oz each) of crushed pineapple
- 2/3 cup of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 package of boneless skinless chicken breasts (this pack had 3)
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1/3 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup of flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, lime juice and the cloves.
- Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag and set aside.
- Flatten the chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness; add to the bag of marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Cover the remaining marinade and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degress.
- Drain the marinade from the chicken.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour and salt.
- Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken on both sides in oil.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- Add the reserved marinade to skillet and cook until hot and bubbly.
- Pour the hot marinade over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the almonds and the coconut.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes