The two tone cheesecake garnished with strawberries
The two tone cheesecake
This recipe is from http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Two-Tone-Cheesecake
Ingredients for the Cheesecake
1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
6 tbsp of granulated sugar
6 tbsp of butter melted
4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
4 eggs lightly beaten
12 squares semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate that has been finely chopped
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
Optional - strawberries for garnish
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press into the bottom of a greased 10 inch springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for ten minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed until combined.
- Remove 3 1/2 cups of the cheesecake batter to a small bowl. Gently stir in the melted chocolate. Pour over the crust. Carefully pour the remaining filling over the chocolate layer. Return the cheesecake to the baking sheet.Bake the cheesecake on a baking sheet at 325 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife round edge of pan to loosen. Cool one hour longer.Meanwhile, place chopped chocolate in a small bowl to make the topping.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Pour over the chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Cool slightly and then pour on top of the cheesecake. Cover and chill overnight. Remove sides of pan.