- 1 bag (11.5 oz) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a double boiler over hot water, melt the bittersweet chocolate chips and the butter.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Gently mix in the semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 8 inches long. The dough will be very soft. Use the plastic wrap to hold the dough in a log shape. Wrap the dough tightly in the plastic wrap. Place the logs into the fridge for at least one hour or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unwrap the dough. Using a sharp knife cut the dough into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place the slices 1 1/2 inches apart on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until a shiny crust forms on top, but the interior is still soft.
- Cool on a baking sheet.