Living in central Florida we are often at the home of the mouse. One of our favorite restaurants is 'Ohana located at the Polynesian Resort. These wings taste just like what you would eat in the restaurant! We love to try to create an 'Ohana at home night, so this is just perfect!
Rub for the wings
- 1 tablespoon of coarse salt (I used ground sea salt)
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons of canola oil (I used veg. oil)
- 4 pounds chicken wings or drummettes (I just bought a bag of frozen wings from the grocery store)
Sauce for the wings
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander (I could not find ground coriander so I had to grind some myself)
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of honey
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
For the wings
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine the salt, paprika, sugar, black pepper, turmeric,cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and canola oil in a large glass bowl.
- Then add in the chicken wings and toss so that they are all coated well.
- Put the wings on the baking sheet and cook for 35 minutes. I would suggest turning the wings over about half way through.
- Before serving toss in the wing sauce.
For the wing sauce
- While the wings are cooking, combine the chili powder, ginger, coriander, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, water, and cornstarch in a pan.
- Cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir occasionally until it becomes a syrup - about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat but keep warm until ready to serve.