Article: Key Lime Cheesecake
Categories: Sweet Treats | Cheesecake
Description: If you enjoy Key Lime Pie you will love this cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp of butter melted
i used the rest of the heavy whipping cream and a few tablespoons of sugar to make homemade whipped cream. be sure to place the bowl and mixing attachment into the freezer to chill before whipping the cream.
this recipe comes from http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/two-tone-cheesecake
but i have altered it to be a key lime cheesecake.fillingdirections crust
i also used a lime. i sliced it into coins and then rolled them in sugar before placing on top of the cheesecake.after the cream is whipped you can use a pipping bag and a tip to create a border on the cheesecake.
ingredients for the cheesecake
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup of lime juice
- in a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. press into the bottom of a greased 10 inch springform pan. place on a baking sheet. bake at 325 degrees for ten minutes. cool on a wire rack.
- in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. gradually beat in cream. add eggs; beat on low speed until combined.
- pour in the lime juice and mix until combined
- . pour over the crust. return the cheesecake to the baking sheet.bake the cheesecake on a baking sheet at 325 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set.
- cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. carefully run a knife round edge of pan to loosen. cool one hour longer.meanwhile, place the whipping cream in a chilled mixing bowl to mix.
Relevant Website: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Two-Tone-Cheesecake