Article: Key Lime Cheesecake
Categories: Sweet Treats | Cheesecake
Description: If you enjoy Key Lime Pie you will love this cheesecake
Text: i used the rest of the heavy whipping cream and a few tablespoons of sugar to make homemade whipped cream. be sure to place the bowl and mixing attachment into the freezer to chill before whipping the cream.
i also used a lime. i sliced it into coins and then rolled them in sugar before placing on top of the cheesecake.directions
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup of lime juice
- in a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. press into the bottom of a greased 10 inch springform pan. place on a baking sheet. bake at 325 degrees for ten minutes. cool on a wire rack.
- in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. gradually beat in cream. add eggs; beat on low speed until combined.
- pour in the lime juice and mix until combined
- . pour over the crust. return the cheesecake to the baking sheet.bake the cheesecake on a baking sheet at 325 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set.
- cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. carefully run a knife round edge of pan to loosen. cool one hour longer.meanwhile, place the whipping cream in a chilled mixing bowl to mix.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp of butter melted
this recipe comes from http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/two-tone-cheesecake
but i have altered it to be a key lime cheesecake. toppingafter the cream is whipped you can use a pipping bag and a tip to create a border on the cheesecake.
ingredients for the cheesecake
Relevant Website: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Two-Tone-Cheesecake