This is one of my favorite meals. It is a bit time consuming to chop everything up, but this healthy meal is worth it! This is based off of another recipe I have tried. http://cakestobake.com/articles/kml9876/Ovenbakedchickenfajitas.html
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (I used three)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, plus more for onions
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 sweet onions -sliced
- 2 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 head of lettuce - cut up into small pieces/or you can use the leaves of lettuce to wrap the chicken and veggies up
- Coat a large frying pan with olive oil and heat on medium.
- Add the cut up onion. Cook the onion until brown/golden.
- While the onions are cooking continue with the following directions.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- In a small bow combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and dried oregano.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and stir. Make sure that all of the chicken is coated.
- Then add the tomatoes and peppers Stir again.
- Finally bake uncovered 20-25 minutes. I found that I had to bake it for about 30-35 minutes.
- Serve on lettuce and enjoy!