I found this recipe here. While I enjoyed it, it tasted more like tacos to me than chili. Perhaps that is Texan chili tastes. I would make this again as a filling for tacos or taco salad. This is also low carb. I cut the original recipe in half.
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 can 14 1/2 ounces of beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- a dash of pepper
- I did not add any pinto beans
- I garnished with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
- In a large pot cook the beef and garlic over medium heat. Cook the meat until it is no longer pink. Drain the grease.
- Next combine the flour, chili powder, oregano, and cumin. Sprinkle it over the meat and stir until evenly coated.
- Then add the broth, beans, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese and sour cream.