This is my Mom's recipe for lasagna. It is one of my favorite meals she used to make when I lived at home.
- 1 pound or less of ground beef (I used a .88 package)
- 2 28oz stewed tomatoes
- 3 oz of pepperoni (I used half of a 6oz bag)
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 small container of cottage cheese (if you like your lasagna extra cheesy buy the larger containers of cheeses)
- 1 small container of ricotta cheese
- 8oz of mozzarella cheese
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 1 16 oz can of tomato paste
Either of these recipes will go great with the lasagna Sweet Rolls or Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan on the stove.
- In a large pot pour in the stewed tomatoes. Using your hands smash/crush the tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- Mix in the browned ground beef, pepperonis, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook over low heat for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Boil the lasagna noodles according to the directions on the box.
- When the noodles are finished cooking drain and allow to cool.
- While the pasta is boiling mix together the three cheeses.
- In a glass dish spoon a thin layer of sauce over the bottom of the pan.
- Lay three noodles across the bottom of the pan so that the pan is covered.
- Spoon more sauce over the noodles.
- Sprinkle some of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Repeat until you use all of the noodles.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for one hour.